- INCI Name: Tranexamic Acid
- Chemical Name: Cyclohexanecarboxylic acid, 4-(aminomethyl)-, trans-
- CAS No: 1197-18-8
Tranexamic acid is a new type of high-efficiency whitening agent that can remove melanin and effectively lighten dark spots.
Tranexamic acid has a four-fold whitening mechanism:
- Tranexamic acid can rapidly inhibit the activity of tyrosinase and melanocytes,
while blocking melanin aggregation.
- Tranexamic acid can effectively calm the stress melanin accumulation induced by deep skin inflammation.
- Tranexamic acid can effectively block the secondary oxidation reaction of melanin (Mei’s reaction)
- Tranexamic acid can effectively reduce the melanin that has been precipitated and promote the peeling of the melanin that has been formed.
- High water solubility, easily soluble in water, colorless and odorless, not easy to change color.
- It has good compound performance and stability with other whitening raw materials.
- High thermal stability, no deterioration at high temperature.
- Low irritation, no irritation for mask.
- The effect is fast, 1-2 weeks can make the skin white and bright, it is a quick-acting product.
Recommended dosage: 3% (recommended product pH value is 3~9.)
Uses & Applications
Personal care and cosmetic
- Whitening products (cream, essence, facial mask, etc.)
- Freckle products (freckle pen, freckle cream, etc.).
White crystalline powder
Assay, % (HPLC)
Easily soluble in water
Download Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet –Tranexamic Acid
Material Safety Data Sheet–Tranexamic Acid
Kojic acid dipalmitate is mainly used as a cosmetic whitening additive.
Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate is a water-soluble whitening agent，make the skin moisturizing, white and tender.
Niacinamide (vitamin B3) acts as a moisturizing, antioxidant, anti-aging, anti-acne, lightening & whitening agent.