Sodium Propyl Paraben
Sodium Methyl Paraben
- INCI Name: Sodium Propyl Paraben
- Chemical Name: Sodium Propyl p-Hydroxybenzoate
- CAS No: 35285-69-9
Sodium propyl paraben is the sodium salt form of propyl paraben, it is a water -soluble preservatives, exhibits the same antimicrobial activity as regular parabens. It may also found naturally in fruits like blueberries where it has antimicrobial activity. Nowadays it is widely used in pharmaceutical, food, cosmetics, feed, manufactured goods for daily use and other industries.
- It is a non-toxic, odorless, non-irritating, non-allergic white crystalline powder, easily soluble in water.
- It offers a broad spectrum of activity against bacteria & fungi and stability over a broad pH-range.
- It exhibits effectiveness at low concentrations and shows low order of toxicity and good biodegradability at environmental concentrations.
Uses & Applications
Personal care and cosmetic
Features low irritation potential and have low toxicity level, applicable in oil-based personal care product for both leave-on and risen-off formulation.
- Used in hair conditioners, color cosmetics, antiperspirants & deodorants, bar- and liquid soaps.
- Used in shampoos, showers, sun protection and hair styling products.
- Recommended for wet wipes, syndets, creams and lotions.
Widely used in soy sauce, vinegar and other condiments, pickled products, baked goods, sauce products, beverages, rice wine, and fruit and vegetable preservation.
Used as a bacteriostatic preservatives in pharmaceutical preparation, widely used in liquid preparations and semi -solid preparations.
Product Details of Sodium Propyl Paraben
White crystalline powder
Content (dry basis)%
pH (0.1% aqueous solution)
Chloride ppm ≤
Organic volatile impurities
Moisture % ≤
Heavy metal (Pb) ppm
Arsenic (AS)% ≤ ppm
Download Data Sheet of Sodium Propyl Paraben
Technical Data Sheet –Sodium Propyl Paraben
Material Safety Data Sheet– Sodium Propyl Paraben
Dichloroxylenol (DCMX) is a broad-spectrum antimicrobial chemical compound.
Cetylpyridinium Chloride (CPC)
Cetylpyridinium Chloride (CPC) is a very important surface active and bactericide in life.
Triclosan is world widely praised as a broad spectrum, efficient, security and non-toxicity antibacterial.