- INCI Name: Sodium Lactate
- Chemical Name: L-Lactic acid sodium salt
- CAS No: 867-56-1
Sodium lactate is the sodium salt of lactic acid. It is a colorless or slightly yellow transparent syrupy liquid. It is a natural humectant, moisturizer, and pH regulator. It has good moisturizing performance, is not sticky, and is biodegradable.
Lactic acid and sodium lactate, which are natural components of human skin and hair, have unique pH adjustment and moisturizing functions, and are widely used in a variety of daily chemical products, such as bath products, skin care products, hair care products and oral care products products etc.
Uses & Applications
- Skin care products: Sodium lactate is a natural moisturizing factor, and a quarter of the ingredients in the stratum corneum of human skin are sodium lactate. Sodium lactate used in cosmetics can form a hydration film with other chemical ingredients to prevent skin moisture from volatilizing, keep the skin in a relaxed and moist state, and prevent wrinkles. It is widely used as a moisturizer for skin care products. L-Lactate acts as a next-generation skin lightening agent that produces synergistic effects when used in combination with other skin lightening agents.
- Soaps and body washes: Sodium lactate can be used as a moisturizer in various bath products, such as body washes, bar soaps, and body lotions. It can be used as a pH adjuster in liquid soaps, bar soaps and shampoos. In addition, adding to the bar soap can reduce the loss of water during storage, thus preventing the soap from drying out.
- Oral care products: high solubility and moderate taste make calcium lactate a very suitable calcium source for oral care products, which not only makes teeth healthy, but also has anti-tartar effect, and is widely used as an anti-tartar factor .
- Hair care products: Lactic acid is a natural component of hair. It can be used as a pH regulator in hair care products. Because it is milder than other pH regulators, it can adjust the pH to weak acidity and improve hair quality. Easier to comb.
Product Details of Sodium Lactate 60%
Colorless or light yellow transparent liquid
Total sodium lactate content, %
The ratio of sodium L-lactate
Color/ Hazen, APHA
Chloride content, %
Heavy metals (Pb), ppm
Lead (Pb), ppm
Sulfate , %
Download Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet — Sodium Lactate 60%
Material Safety Data Sheet– Sodium Lactate 60%
CAS: 73398-61-5 / 65381-09-1
Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride is a mixed triester , an emollient with extremely high antioxidant properties.
Sodium PCA is one of the important components of the natural moisturizing factor of the human body.
Sorbitol is used in cosmetics and personal care products as a flavoring agent, and to prevent moisture loss.