Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate
Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate
- INCI Name: Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate
- Chemical Name: Sodium 2-(1-carboxylatoethoxy)-1-methyl-2-oxoethyl isooctadecanoate
- CAS No: 66988-04-3
Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate has excellent moisturizing, emollient, conditioning, emulsifying and other effects. It is a mild anionic surfactant and emulsifier. It is used in skin cream/honey, cleanser, body wash, shampoo, shampoo, In hair conditioner and other products.
It has high affinity to skin and hair, can be easily adsorbed on the surface of skin and hair, has strong lubricating feeling and film-forming property, can form a layer of film on the surface of skin and hair, and plays a role of moisturizing, Lubrication, hair care, static elimination, conditioning and other functions. Make the skin feel smooth and moist, make the hair not frizzy, easy to comb and shape, elegant and natural, and have a pleasant after-use feeling.
● Moisturizing effect: In the human body, lactate is an important component of skin moisturizing, accounting for about 12% of the skin’s natural moisturizing factor (NMF). Sodium isostearyl lactylate contains a large amount of lactate structure, so it has a good Moisturizing effect. Sodium isostearyl lactyl lactylate has lipophilic characteristics. The ester group and lactyl group in its structure have better affinity for skin and hair. Water forms bound water that is difficult to volatilize, thereby slowing down the loss of moisture, and at the same time absorbing moisture in the air, so as to achieve the purpose of high-efficiency moisturizing.
● Lubricating and regulating effect: Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate has good affinity to skin and hair, can be easily adsorbed on the surface of skin and hair, and has strong lubricating feeling and film-forming property. Form a thin film on the surface of the hair, which plays the role of moisturizing, lubricating, hair care, eliminating static electricity, conditioning and so on. So that the hair is easy to comb, shape, elegant and natural.
● Skin care effect: Since the lactate structure of sodium isostearyl lactylate is the inherent biological substance of the skin, it can promote the supply of skin nutrition and excretion of waste, prevent skin aging, play a role in beautifying and nourishing the skin, and make the skin delicate and smooth , Flexible. Used in combination with UV absorbers, it has a coordinated effect. Repair and prevent skin damage caused by sun exposure.
● Emulsification: Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate is an anionic surfactant with excellent performance, which can be well compatible with other types of surfactants, and can be used as W/O emulsifier and auxiliary emulsifier.
Uses & Applications
- It is applicable in shampoo, shower gel, facial cleanser, cream adn lotion.
- Recommended dosage:
Shampoo, shower gel 0.1%～0.5%
Hair conditioner, facial cleanser, cream and lotion 1%～5%
Light yellow to yellow transparent viscious liquid
Light caramel odor
Acid value ,mgKOH/g
Water content, %
Download Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet — Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate
Material Safety Data Sheet– Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate
It is a nonionic W/O emulsifier for low-viscosity W/O emulsions with excellent moisturizing, emollient, conditioning and emulsifying effects.
PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil is a nonionic surfactant, acts as an emollient, emulsifying agent, and solubility-enhancing ingredient.
Polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate is a plant-derived ingredient, used as an emollient (moisturizing ingredient) and surfactant in cosmetics