Sodium Ethyl Paraben
Sodium Ethyl Paraben
- INCI Name: Sodium Ethyl Paraben
- Chemical Name: Sodium Ethyl p-Hydroxybenzoate
- CAS No: 35285-68-8
What’s Sodium Ethyl Paraben?
Sodium ethyl paraben is the sodium salt form of ethyl paraben, it is a water -soluble preservatives, exhibits the same antimicrobial activity as regular parabens. It may also found naturally in fruits like blueberries where it has antimicrobial activity. Nowadays it is widely used in pharmaceutical, food, cosmetics, feed, manufactured goods for daily use and other industries.
Features of Sodium Ethyl Paraben
- It is a non-toxic, odorless, non-irritating, non-allergic white crystalline powder, easily soluble in water.
- It offers a broad spectrum of activity against bacteria & fungi and stability over a broad pH-range.
- It exhibits effectiveness at low concentrations and shows low order of toxicity and good biodegradability at environmental concentrations.
Uses & Applications
Personal care and cosmetic
Features low irritation potential and have low toxicity level, applicable in oil-based personal care product for both leave-on and risen-off formulation.
- Used in hair conditioners, color cosmetics, antiperspirants & deodorants, bar- and liquid soaps.
- Used in shampoos, showers, sun protection and hair styling products.
- Recommended for wet wipes, syndets, creams and lotions.
Widely used in soy sauce, vinegar and other condiments, pickled products, baked goods, sauce products, beverages, rice wine, and fruit and vegetable preservation.
Used as a bacteriostatic preservatives in pharmaceutical preparation, widely used in liquid preparations and semi -solid preparations.
Product Details of Sodium Ethyl Paraben
White or nearly white powder
Clarity and color of solution
Content (dry basis)% ≥
Sulfate % ≤
Chloride % ≤
other single impurities≤0.5%；
the sum of the other single impurities≤1.0%
Moisture % ≤
Lead (Pb) mg/kg ≤
Download Data Sheet of Sodium Ethyl Paraben
Technical Data Sheet –Sodium Ethyl Paraben
Material Safety Data Sheet– Sodium Ethyl Paraben
CAS ： 99-76-3
Methyl paraben is one of the most widely used preservative in organic synthesis, food, cosmetics, and pharmaceutical industry.
Propyl Paraben is a broad spectrum bactericide features low application concentration, safe, economic, long serve life.
Sodium methyl paraben is the sodium salt form of methyl paraben, water -soluble , exhibits the same antimicrobial activity as regular parabens.