Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate
Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate
- INCI Name: Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate
- Chemical Name: l-Glutamicacid,N-cocoacylderivs.,monosodiumsalts
- CAS No: 68187-32-6
Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate is a mild, sulfate free surfactant on a natural amino acid and coconut oil. It is a vegetable-based surfactant that is light on the skin and hair and does not weigh them down. Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate also serves as an emulsifier – helping the ingredients to combine well and form a smooth texture.
- Exhibits good skin compatibility, moderate resistance to hard water and very low potential of VOC.
- Used to help soften (remove excess minerals from) hard water, allowing cleansers to work to their full potential.
- Imparts a very pleasant feel on the skin, has vegetal origin, excellent biodegradability and is free of preservatives.
- Has very good foaming behaviour and improves the dermatological characteristics of surfactant formulations.
- Provides no irritation, no tears and no damage to skin lipids.
- Significantly reduces water & energy consumption at the end consumer level due to easy rinse-off.
- Shows marked surface and interfacial activity.
Usage levels of sodium cocoyl glutamate in skin care range from 2–30% based on formulary needs and whether it’s the primary or secondary surfactant. These levels are considered safe as used in rinse-off products.
Uses & Applications
- Various shampoos, especially mild, low-irritation and anti-dandruff shampoos;
- Mild foam cleanser and high-grade cleansing cream, soap-based products
- Conditioning shower gel and foam bath products;
- Baby care products
- Hand sanitizer, mouthwash, toothpaste and other personal care products
Colorless to light yellow transparent liquid
White to light yellow powder
Active content, %
pH-value （10% aq.）
5.0-6.0 (1% aq.)
Acid value (mgKOH/g)
Loss on drying , %
Heavy metals (Pb)
Download Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet — Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate
Material Safety Data Sheet– Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate
CAS No: 137-16-6
Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate is an amino-acid based-anionic surfactant, moisturizing- and conditioning agent.
Sodium Methyl Lauroyl Taurate is mild surfactant, used in formulations with mildness claims for sensitive skin and hair.
CAS No: 61791-42-2
Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate is a mild surfactant, it makes the foam rich, fine and stable under a wide range of pH conditions.