- INCI Name: Polysilicone-15
- Chemical Name: Dimethico-diethylbenzalmalonate
- CAS No: 207574-74-1
Polysilicone-15 is a silicone-based UV-B absorber，a chemical sunscreen agent that protects the skin in the UVB range (290-320 nm) with a peak absorbance at 312 nm. It is a colorless-to-pale yellow viscous liquid, hardly soluble in water, while integrates easily with the oil phase of sunscreen formulation,enabling day care or sunscreen formulations that leave a dry, silky touch on the skin.
Polysilicone-15 is the first polymeric UV-B filter consisting of chromophores attached to a silicone backbone and is a pretty good team player and can stabilize the famously unstable UVA filter, avobenzone , and works especially well with Ensulizole to achieve high SPF protection. It is approved up to 10% as a sunscreen filter in the EU and most parts of the world, except for the United States.
Polysilicone-15 brings silkiness to formulation, adding sensory to performance and its polymeric structure ensures excellent skin compatibility building a uniform film for optimal sun protection.
Quzhou Ebright Chemicals Co.,Ltd is professional manufacturer of Polysilicone-15 as well as other UV filter product. For more information about Polysilicone-15, please contact us freely.
Uses & Applications
- Widely used as UV filters in sunscreens and cosmetics to prevent sunburn and skin damage, or as stabilizers to prevent photodegradation in many commercial products.
- Finds application in formulating sun-, baby- & daily skin care products and decorative cosmetics with sun protection.
- Added to rinse-off and leave-on hair products delivers multiple benefits including prevention of color fading, gloss enhancement and conditioning.
Colorless-to-pale yellow viscous liquid
≤ 0.1 mg/l (water, 20 °C)
Download Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet –Polysilicone-15
Material Safety Data Sheet– Polysilicone-15
DHHB becomes a model UVA sunscreen agent, with better light stability than Avobenzone, better effect.
It is a new broad-spectrum sunscreen for both UVA and UVB, belongs to the oil soluble chemical sunscreen.
Ethylhexyl triazone, also known under the names Octyl Triazone, is an organic, oil-soluble sun filter that absorbs UV-A II and UV-B radiation.