- INCI Name: Polyquaternium-7
- Chemical Name: Poly(acrylamide-co-diallyldimethylammonium chloride)
- CAS No: 26590-05-6
Polyquaternium-7 is a binary copolymerized quaternary ammonium polymer, finds application in formulating surfactant based systems such as shampoos & shower gels and spray-on or leave-in hair & skin conditioners.
The product is cationic and has significant antistatic, lubricating, supple and bactericidal functions; it can be used in two-in-one shampoo or mousse products It can produce excellent conditioning and moisturizing effects, improve hair groomability, make hair shiny, soft and easy to comb. In addition, this product can also be used as a skin conditioning agent, which can reduce the irritation of surfactants and other components, form a breathable film on the skin, and make the skin smoother and more comfortable.
- It has significant antistatic effect on skin and hair, excellent lubricating and conditioning properties;
- It can effectively reduce the irritation of surfactants to skin and hair, and has good compatibility;
- It can form a breathable film on the skin, making the skin smooth and comfortable.
Uses & Applications
- Hair conditioner, it can greatly improve the modifiability and conditioning of the hair. After washing the hair, it can make the hair shiny, soft and easy to comb, and make the hair have good wet and dry combing and anti-tangle properties. .
- Skin care products, it is a very effective smoothing and lubricating agent. Used in hydroalcoholic tanning detergents, it can produce a non-sticky and non-greasy smooth residual film on the skin.
- Shaving cream, it can produce rich, creamy, long-lasting foam, reduce shaving, and make the skin soft and smooth.
- Foaming agent, it can quickly produce rich, thick and long-lasting foam, making the skin smooth without any oily film.
- Soap and other industries, it can reduce the expansion of soap substances in water, improve crack resistance and foaming performance, so that the product quality can be significantly improved.
- In the formulation of shampoo products, it has good compatibility with commonly used surfactants, such as: AES, MES, 6501, OA, BS-12, APG, etc., without turbidity, precipitation and stratification.
Colorless to light yellow transparent thick liquid
PH value (1% Aq. solution)
Download Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet — Polyquaternium-7
Material Safety Data Sheet– Polyquaternium-7
PVP K series product acts as a thickening agent, helping to increase the viscosity of the final product. It also acts as a stabilizer and film former.
Xanthan gum in skin care is used as a thickening agent, texture enhancer, one of the only naturally-derived thickeners commonly used in skincare.
It acts as an excellent conditioning, anti-static agent, film former, thickening and fixative in personal care products.