Polyhexamethylene Biguanide (PHMB)
- Basic Information
|Name:||Polyhexamethylene Biguanide (PHMB)|
|Appearance||Colorless to light yellow liquid|
|Assay %||20% min.|
|Water solubility||Completely, can also be used in combination with other disinfectants|
|Non-toxic, odorless, non-foaming, non-volatile; does not contain chlorine, iodine, mercury, aldehydes, phenol and heavy metals; does not produce resistance to bacteria.|
Polyhexamethylene biguanide (PHMB) is a kind of broad-spectrum antibacterial agent recognized as the safest and most efficient in the 21st century. It is colorless and odorless, has low bacteriostatic concentration, broad-spectrum and low toxicity, fast action, low foam volume, and can After forming a layer of cations on the surface of the article for a long time, it will not cause bacteriostasis, and it will not cause antibacterial bacteria. It is currently widely used in medical devices, public environments, home, fabrics, food, milk, and care products. .
Polyhexamethylene biguanide (PHMB) is widely used in medical and health, daily chemicals, textiles, paper, wet wipes, animal husbandry, breeding, aquatic products, plastics, agriculture, water treatment and other fields
- Usage and precautions
Dilute directly with purified water or use with other additives. The reference dosage is 0.05% ~ 0.5% (w / w).
- Polyhexamethylene biguanide (PHMB) is fully compatible with cationic, nonionic and zwitterionic surfactants, such as fatty alcohol polyoxyethylene ether (AEO), betaine, ammonium oxide, EO / PO block copolymer, etc .;
- Polyhexamethylene biguanide (PHMB) is fully compatible with chelating agents, such as EDTA (ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid), NTA (aminotriacetic acid);
- Polyhexamethylene biguanide (PHMB) is fully compatible with polar solvents, such as ethanol, ethylene glycol and glycol ether;
- Polyhexamethylene biguanide (PHMB) is compatible with inorganic acids and many organic acids, such as HCI, H3PO4, glycolic acid;
- Polyhexamethylene biguanide (PHMB) is completely compatible with cellulose thickeners, such as HPC, HEC, HPMC;
- Polyhexamethylene biguanide (PHMB) is compatible with pigments in a wide range, such as nitrogen and sulfonates.
- Packing and Storage
Packing: 25kg/drum or other packing upon request.
Storage: cool, dry, shading, sealed and stored.