- INCI Name: Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate
- Chemical Name: 1,2,3-Propanetriol, homopolymer, isooctadecanoates (1:3) (2 mol glycerol average molar ratio)
- CAS No: 120486-24-0
Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate is a vegetable-derived emulsifier used in oil-based formulation with functions of dispersing, stabilizing, regulating and controlling viscosity.
- Does not contain epoxy groups, raw materials are plant-sourced, green and safe, non-irritating to the skin, suitable for the production of baby skin care products. In addition, due to the safety of polyglycerol fatty acid esters, they have been approved as food additives.
- It has excellent dispersibility and stability for toner and inorganic powder, and is very suitable for water-in-oil foundation cream and foundation honey, physical sunscreen formula, etc.
- It is an excellent moisturizing oil ester for lipstick and hair care products.
- It has the effect of suppressing sweating of lipstick.
- Good oil phase solubilizer, can solubilize some water-soluble substances in oily products such as lipstick and lip gloss.
Uses & Applications
Used as a dispersant and wetting agent in color cosmetics, skin care and hair care products, etc.
Light yellow to yellow transparent liquid
Acid value, mgKOH/g
Hydroxyl value, mgKOH/g
Saponification value, mgKOH/g
Iodine value, g/100g
Water content, %
Download Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet — Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate
Material Safety Data Sheet– Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate
It is a nonionic W/O emulsifier for low-viscosity W/O emulsions with excellent moisturizing, emollient, conditioning and emulsifying effects.
PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil is a nonionic surfactant, acts as an emollient, emulsifying agent, and solubility-enhancing ingredient.
Polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate is a plant-derived ingredient, used as an emollient (moisturizing ingredient) and surfactant in cosmetics