- INCI Name: Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate
- Chemical Name: [2-hydroxy-3-[2-hydroxy-3-(12-hydroxyoctadecanoyloxy)propoxy]propyl] 12-hydroxyoctadecanoate
- CAS No: 144470-58-6, 156531-21-4
Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate is a vegetable-derived W/O-emulsifier, has the functions of emulsifying, dispersing, stabilizing, regulating and controlling viscosity. In cosmetics, it can be used alone as an emulsifier or compounded with Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate. It features green and safe, has no EO structure, excellent compatibility and non-irritating to skin, has no selectivity to the polarity of oils and esters, easy to process, etc.
- Excellent emulsifying properties, can be used as oil-in-water type (O/W) or water-in-oil type (W/O). Its emulsifying ability is very strong, it can be used as an emulsifier alone, and it can emulsify more water phase with less oil phase. Suitable for water-in-oil creams and lotions. Powder foundation and other product formulations. Its performance is extremely excellent, and the water-in-oil product prepared with it has an oily but not greasy skin feel.
- It is suitable as a co-emulsifier for water-in-oil systems, and has good compatibility with various water-in-oil emulsions (including water-in-silicon oil emulsifiers).
- Does not contain epoxy groups, raw materials are synthesized from plant sources, green and safe, non-irritating to the skin, suitable for the production of baby skin care products.
- It has good dispersibility and stability for toner and titanium dioxide, and is very suitable for water-in-oil foundation cream, foundation honey, and physical sunscreen formula.
- Can be used in cold blending process, suitable for formulas with multiple active ingredients added.
Uses & Applications
It can be used as emulsifier, dispersant, wetting agent, solubilizer and stabilizer in make-up, skin care products, facial cleanser, soap, shampoo, hair care products, etc.
Yellow viscous liquid
Acid value, mgKOH/g
Hydroxyl value, mgKOH/g
Saponification value, mgKOH/g
Iodine value, g/100g
Water content, %
Download Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet — Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate
Material Safety Data Sheet– Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate
It is a nonionic W/O emulsifier for low-viscosity W/O emulsions with excellent moisturizing, emollient, conditioning and emulsifying effects.
PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil is a nonionic surfactant, acts as an emollient, emulsifying agent, and solubility-enhancing ingredient.
Polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate is a plant-derived ingredient, used as an emollient (moisturizing ingredient) and surfactant in cosmetics