- INCI Name: Piroctone Olamine
- Chemical Name: 1-Hydroxy-4-methyl-6-(2,4,4-trimethylpentyl)pyridin-2(1H)-one, compound with 2-aminoethanol (1:1)
- CAS No: 68890-66-4
Piroctone Olamine has excellent antipruritic effect, has a unique effect on eliminating skin itching, can effectively kill the fungi that grow on the skin, and has a special deodorizing effect.
- It has superior function of relieving itching.
- Possesses sterilization and deodorization effects.
- It shows broad-spectrum killing effect on fungus & mold and has great treatment efficacy on Tinea manuum and Tinea pedis.
- Piroctone Olamine has good compoundability, safe, non-toxic and non-irritating, it is an ideal high-efficiency fungicide.
- Acts as an anti-dandruff agent and can be used in leave-on hair products.
- It can be used as preservatives in cosmetics and bactericide as well as thickeners in soaps.
Uses & Applications
- It is mainly used for anti-itching and anti-dandruff conditioning shampoos and hair care shampoos.
- It can also be used for antibacterial soap, shower gel, medicated toothpaste, mouthwash, etc.
- Recommended dosage: 0.4%~0.8%.
White or slightly yellow crystalline powder
PH value (1% aqueous suspension,20℃)
Melting Point ℃
Drying loss %
Particle size distribution
D(0.5): 30-50um Provide a profile
E1% (1cm) at 317 nm expressed an dried substance
Ethyl acetate(GC) ppm
Download Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet –Piroctone Olamine
Material Safety Data Sheet– Piroctone Olamine
Climbazole is a powerful anti-dandruff active, provides excellent activity against the main cause of dandruff.
Zinc Pyrithione can be used in shampoos for dandruff, it inhibits the growth of Gram-positive and negative bacteria and molds.
Salicylic acid act as anti-inflammatory agents, it removes excess flakey skin and can improve mild itching.