- INCI Name: Phenoxyethanol
- Chemical Name: Ethylene glycol monophenyl ether
- CAS No: 122-99-6
Phenoxyethanol is a colorless, slightly viscous liquid with an aromatic odor. In cosmetics, it functions as a preservative, a solvent, and an antimicrobial ingredient, found in a wide range of cosmetics and skincare, such as cleansers, moisturizers, serums, and creams.
Phenoxyethanol mainly inhibits the bacteria produced in skin care products, which can reduce the problems caused by the deterioration of skin care products and prolong the service life of skin care products. However, it has weak inhibition on fungi and is the most widely used preservative in cosmetics. In many low-irritation product formulations, phenoxyethanol is used as the only preservative, and polyalcohols with antibacterial effects work together to play a preservative role.
Phenoxyethanol can be miscible with water and polar organic solvents such as ethanol, propanol, propylene glycol, etc. It is a better solvent and penetrant aid for hair dyes and nail polish colors, an ideal solvent for hydroxybenzoic acid esters. can be used as a fixative in perfumes, insect repellents, external disinfectants, etc
With increasing demand for paraben-free cosmetic products among health-conscious consumers, Phenoxyethanol has become a very popular preserving ingredient.
Phenoxyethanol suppiled by Quzhou Ebright Chemicals Co.,Ltd is suitable for different applications in cosmetic, pharmaceutical and industrial filed with stable performance and competitive price.
Uses & Applications
Personal care and cosmetic
- Act as preservative, features high efficiency, broad spectrum, low toxicity and no allergic irritation.
- Good compatibility, widely used in cosmetic creams shampoos and personal care products.
- A better solvent and penetrant aid for hair dyes and nail polish colors, also other preservatives.
- Used as a diluent for fragrances.
- Used as a fungicide, preservative, and acaricide in medicine.
- Preparation of phenoxyethylamine derivatives and the preparation of other pesticide chemical intermediates such as phenoxy ether.
- Solvent for some phamarceutical raw material.
- An ideal solvent for cellulose acetate, resins, dyes, photosensitive materials, etc., as a textile auxiliary for printing pastes.
- A penetrant for printing pad inks.
- An anti-blocking agent for screen printing and has better washing ability than trichloroethane.
- Color developer for lithographic printing boards, solder paste for screen printing, conductive paste for printing, and masking paste.
- A component in various surface cleaning agents for metals, ceramics, glass and plastics.
- Phenoxyethanol is used in adhesives such as Baide glue, floor glue, etc., which can significantly improve the bonding strength of the adhesive
Product Details of Phenoxyethanol
Colorless clear liquid
Water content %
Download Data Sheet of Phenoxyethanol
Technical Data Sheet –Phenoxyethanol
Material Safety Data Sheet– Phenoxyethanol
CAS No: 70445-33-9
Ethylhexylglycerin is a multifunctional moisturizer and can play a bacteriostatic effect in the formulation.
The active ingredients are phenoxyethanol and ethylhexylglycerin, can be used in various fields of cosmetics and children’s daily products.
CAS No: 1117-86-8
Caprylyl glycol is not only a good moisturizer but also has antiseptic function, widely used in personal care products.