- INCI Name: Phenoxyethanol
- Chemical Name: Ethylene glycol monophenyl ether
- CAS No: 122-99-6
Phenoxyethanol is a colorless, slightly viscous liquid with an aromatic odor, it has a broad-spectrum antibacterial activity,generally used in cosmetic and skincare products as a preservative, it also can be used in combination with other active ingredients to enhance the activity of other antibacterial agents.
Phenoxyethanol is also used as a solvent due to its excellent solubility, it can dissolve in both water and oil, can be integrated with different types of products, used to solubilize a variety of raw materials and active ingredients.
Phenoxyethanol is a very stable molecule in a wide range of pH and temperature. The minimum inhibitory concentration is 0.06% to 1.00%. The melting point is 14 ℃, the boiling point is 244.9 ℃, and the flash point is 107 ℃.
Phenoxyethanol suppiled by Quzhou Ebright Chemicals Co.,Ltd is suitable for different applications in cosmetic, pharmaceutical and industrial filed with stable performance and competitive price.
Uses & Applications
Personal care and cosmetic
- Act as preservative, features high efficiency, broad spectrum, low toxicity and no allergic irritation.
- Good compatibility, widely used in cosmetic creams shampoos and personal care products.
- A better solvent and penetrant aid for hair dyes and nail polish colors, also other preservatives.
- Used as a diluent for fragrances.
- Used as a fungicide, preservative, and acaricide in medicine.
- Preparation of phenoxyethylamine derivatives and the preparation of other pesticide chemical intermediates such as phenoxy ether.
- Solvent for some phamarceutical raw material.
- An ideal solvent for cellulose acetate, resins, dyes, photosensitive materials, etc., as a textile auxiliary for printing pastes.
- A penetrant for printing pad inks.
- An anti-blocking agent for screen printing and has better washing ability than trichloroethane.
- Color developer for lithographic printing boards, solder paste for screen printing, conductive paste for printing, and masking paste.
- A component in various surface cleaning agents for metals, ceramics, glass and plastics.
- Phenoxyethanol is used in adhesives such as Baide glue, floor glue, etc., which can significantly improve the bonding strength of the adhesive
Product Details of Phenoxyethanol
Colorless clear liquid
Water content %
Download Data Sheet of Phenoxyethanol
Technical Data Sheet –Phenoxyethanol
Material Safety Data Sheet– Phenoxyethanol
Dichloroxylenol (DCMX) is a broad-spectrum antimicrobial chemical compound.
Cetylpyridinium Chloride (CPC)
Cetylpyridinium Chloride (CPC) is a very important surface active and bactericide in life.
Triclosan is world widely praised as a broad spectrum, efficient, security and non-toxicity antibacterial.