- INCI Name: Pentylene Glycol
- Chemical Name: 1,2-pentanediol
- CAS No: 5343-92-0
Pentylene glycol is used as an emulsion stabilizer, humectant, solvent and a broad-spectrum antimicrobial.
- Has good skin moisturizing effect;
- Excellent broad-spectrum antiseptic activity, its ingredients are not registered as preservatives, and can be claimed to be free of preservatives when used alone, reducing irritation and allergies caused by preservatives;
- It has a good synergistic effect with commonly used preservatives and can be used as a preservative additive; reduce the amount of traditional preservatives, strengthen the antiseptic effect of the product, and reduce product irritation;
- Good solvent for active ingredients;
- High purity, low odor, high safety, especially suitable for sensitive and delicate skin;
- Improves water resistance in sunscreen formulations.
Uses & Applications
- Skin care products such as moisturizers, cleansers, and toners ,etc.
- Color cosmetics such as lipsticks, eyeliners, and mascaras, etc.
- Hair care products
- Oral care products
Colorless to light yellow transparent liquid
Download Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet — Pentylene Glycol
Material Safety Data Sheet– Pentylene Glycol
CAS No: 70445-33-9
Ethylhexylglycerin is a multifunctional moisturizer and can play a bacteriostatic effect in the formulation.
The active ingredients are phenoxyethanol and ethylhexylglycerin, can be used in various fields of cosmetics and children’s daily products.
CAS No: 1117-86-8
Caprylyl glycol is not only a good moisturizer but also has antiseptic function, widely used in personal care products.