- INCI Name: PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate
- Chemical Name: 12-Hydroxyoctadecanoic acid, homopolymer, diesters with .alpha.-hydro-.omega.-hydroxypoly(oxy-1,2-ethanediyl) (30 mol EO average molar ratio)
- CAS No: 827596-80-5 2
PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate is a nonionic W/O emulsifier for low-viscosity W/O emulsions with excellent moisturizing, emollient, conditioning and emulsifying effects, and can produce water-in-oil (W/O) emulsion with high internal phase, making the emulsion system more diversified. In addition, it is capable of dispersing solids, including pigments, in the oil phase of water-in-oil (W/O) emulsions, a property that is particularly valuable for high-performance color cosmetic and sunscreen formulations.
- Moisturizing skin care effect: Due to its molecular structure, it makes the moisture on the skin surface less volatile, so as to avoid dry skin caused by water evaporation; During use, as the product spreads on the skin surface, the moisture wrapped in the middle is slowly released. In addition to keeping the original moisture of the skin from being evaporated, it also further replenishes the skin with moisture, and has the dual effect of moisturizing and replenishing water.
- Emulsification: Different from general water-in-oil emulsifiers, this polymeric surfactant is irreversibly adsorbed on the water-oil interface, it is this stable space that makes the entire emulsification system maintain a high degree of stability. Therefore,PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate can be widely used in inverse emulsion polymerization.
- Excellent compatibility: As an emulsifier, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate can not only be used alone, but also be used in combination with other water-in-oil emulsification properties. It is helpful in product appearance and stability. The percentage of oil phase in the water-oil system can be further decreased.
Uses & Applications
- Can be used in producing all kinds of emulsion such as traditional W/O cream and skin-care emulsion, liquid W/O emulsion, silicon oil emulsion and W/O/W multiple emulsions.
- Disperse solid including pigment in the oil phase of W/O emulsion.
- The character has a special value for formulation of high-end make-up and sunscreen products.
- It can effectively solve the problem of bad appearance and themal stability of cream.
- Suggested to be emusified at high temperatrue, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate can be used as formulation for all kinds of active ingredients.
Acid Value (KOH/g)
Water Content (%)
Download Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet — PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate
Material Safety Data Sheet– PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate
Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate is a mild anionic surfactant and emulsifier has excellent moisturizing, emollient, conditioning, emulsifying effects.
PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil is a nonionic surfactant, acts as an emollient, emulsifying agent, and solubility-enhancing ingredient.
Polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate is a plant-derived ingredient, used as an emollient (moisturizing ingredient) and surfactant in cosmetics