- Basic Information
|Product name||2-Methyl-4-Isothiazolin-3-one (MIT)|
- Technical Specification
|Appearance||Light yellow transparent liquid||Light yellow transparent liquid||Light yellow transparent liquid|
|Content of active matter (%)||≥10.0||20.0-21.0||≥50.0|
|PH value (origin liquid)||4.0～7.0||4.0～6.0||5.0～7.0|
|Heavy metal (ppm) ≤||10||10||10|
1) Methylisothiazolinone (MIT) is sterilization, antibacterial, high efficiency, broad spectrum and long-lasting.
2) Methylisothiazolinone (MIT) has good miscibility with water and is easy to use.
3) Methylisothiazolinone (MIT) is completely harmless to be used in recommended concentrations.
4) Methylisothiazolinone (MIT) does not accumulate in the environment and is easily degraded.
5) Methylisothiazolinone (MIT) can be used with pH value range of 2-11.
6) Methylisothiazolinone (MIT) has good compatibility with surfactants and emulsifiers in personal care products.
Methylisothiazolinone, MIT, or MI, (sometimes erroneously called methylisothiazoline), is a powerful synthetic biocide and preservative within the group of isothiazolinones, Isothiazolinone organic matter can inhibit the growth and reproduction of various microorganisms (such as bacteria, fungi, yeast, etc.), and is a broad-spectrum bactericide that is widely used. Compared with other types of fungicides, isothiazolinone fungicides have the advantages of obvious effect and fast action speed for controlling the growth and metabolism of microorganisms and preventing the formation of biofilms.
Methylisothiazolinone (MIT) is suitable for water-based systems such as daily chemicals, cosmetics, coatings, and polymer synthetic emulsions.
Methylisothiazolinone (MIT) is a cytotoxic that may affect different types of cells.
Methylisothiazolinone (MIT) is used for a wide range of personal products for humans, such as cosmetics, lotions, moisturizers, sanitary wipes, shampoos, and sunscreens.
Methylisothiazolinone (MIT) in industrial applications also are quite wide ranging, from preservative and sanitizing uses to antimicrobial agents, energy production, metalworking fluids, mining, paint manufacturing, and paper manufacturing, etc.
1）Methylisothiazolinone (MIT), in aqueous system like paint, emulsion, etc, the recommended concentration is 0.30～0.1%（w/w）; In personal care products, the usage is 0.1～0.5%（w/w），depends on whether the products is easy to be contaminated by microorganism and the storage environment.
2）Methylisothiazolinone (MIT) can be added in any process, but shall avoid to be added with temperature above 50℃, it is recommended to be added with temperature below 50℃ in last procedure.
- Packing and Storage
1）Sealed plastic bottle with 25kg, 200kg and 1000kg.
2）The warranty period is one year.
- Special note
1) Methylisothiazolinone (MIT) should avoid direct contact with the eye. Once contact, rinse immediately with plenty of water. No delay. Do not contact with the skin for a long time.
2) Methylisothiazolinone (MIT) should not be contacted with reducing metals during storage, such as metal iron and aluminum, so as to avoid decomposition of products
3) Methylisothiazolinone (MIT) has poor stability in the alkaline medium of pH > 9 and is not suitable for use. Compatibility of highly nucleated chemicals with this product, such as S2- and R-NH2, will result in the deterioration or even failure of this product.