- Basic Information
|Product name||2-Methyl-4-Isothiazolin-3-one (MIT)|
- Technical Specification
|Appearance||Light yellow transparent liquid||Light yellow transparent liquid||Light yellow transparent liquid|
|Content of active matter (%)||≥10.0||20.0-21.0||≥50.0|
|PH value (origin liquid)||4.0～7.0||4.0～6.0||5.0～7.0|
|Heavy metal (ppm) ≤||10||10||10|
1) Sterilization, antibacterial, high efficiency, broad spectrum and long-lasting.
2) It has good miscibility with water and is easy to use.
3) It is completely harmless to be used in recommended concentrations.
4) It does not accumulate in the environment and is easily degraded.
5) It can be used with pH value range of 2-11.
6) Good compatibility with surfactants and emulsifiers in personal care products.
Applicable in aqueous system for personal care, cosmetics, paint and emulsion, etc.
1）In aqueous system like paint, emulsion, etc, the recommended concentration is 0.30～0.1%（w/w）; In personal care products, the usage is 0.1～0.5%（w/w），depends on whether the products is easy to be contaminated by microorganism and the storage environment.
2）This product can be added in any process, but shall avoid to be added with temperature above 50℃, it is recommended to be added with temperature below 50℃ in last procedure.
- Packing and Storage
1）Sealed plastic bottle with 25kg, 200kg and 1000kg.
2）The warranty period is one year.
- Special note
1) This product should avoid direct contact with the eye. Once contact, rinse immediately with plenty of water. No delay. Do not contact with the skin for a long time.
2) The product should not be contacted with reducing metals during storage, such as metal iron and aluminum, so as to avoid decomposition of products
3) This product has poor stability in the alkaline medium of pH > 9 and is not suitable for use. Compatibility of highly nucleated chemicals with this product, such as S2- and R-NH2, will result in the deterioration or even failure of this product.