- INCI Name: Isopropyl Myristate
- Chemical Name: Tetradecanoic acid, isopropyl ester
- CAS No: 110-27-0
Isopropyl myristate is is the ester of isopropyl alcohol and myristic acid, a non-fat emollient that is easily absorbed by the skin. It is one of the components of the semi-solid matrix and can also be used as a solvent for many substances in topical formulations.
- It has an oily base with low viscosity and adapts well to the skin, locks in the hydration, and enhances the penetration of other ingredients in the formulation，works as an emollient in cosmetics and personal care products.
- It has excellent penetration, moisturizing and softening effects on the skin, and is used as an emulsifier and wetting agent in cosmetics.
- It leaves the skin soft and smooth without an oily surface film. It can even reduce the heavy, greasy feel in products with high oil content.
- It’s also fast-spreading meaning that it gives the formula a good, nice slip.
- General recommended dosage: 3~8%.
Uses & Applications
It is used in a variety of topical formulations and cosmetics, including bath oils, makeup, hair and nail products, face creams, lotions, lip balms, shaving creams, emollients, deodorants, ear suspensions, and more.
Product Details of Isopropyl Myristate
A colorless or slightly yellow oily liquid
Acid Value (KOH/g)
Download Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet — Isopropyl Myristate
Material Safety Data Sheet– Isopropyl Myristate
CAS: 73398-61-5 / 65381-09-1
Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride is a mixed triester , an emollient with extremely high antioxidant properties.
Sodium PCA is one of the important components of the natural moisturizing factor of the human body.
Sorbitol is used in cosmetics and personal care products as a flavoring agent, and to prevent moisture loss.