- Ingredient: Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Propylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol
EBTcare PHL is a typical additive-free preservative. Caprylyl hydroxamic acid is the mainstream preservative-free ingredient, blended with polyol series products, which has been well used in the market.
The biggest feature of EBTcare PHL is mild, non-irritating, and non-heating. It is mostly used as a preservative in high-end personal care products such as masks and creams. It also has the characteristics of good water solubility, high temperature resistance, no viscosity reduction, and good compatibility with product raw materials.
- Generally add PHL: 0.7%-1.2%
- System pH range: 3.0-7.0
- Add PHL to difficult system: 1.2%
- or : 0.8%PHL+0.08%GMCY (Glyceryl Caprylate)
- or : 0.8%PHL+0.1%PE (phenoxyethanol)
- It is recommended to compound GMCY (glyceryl caprylate) or phenoxyethanol for the difficult-to-preserve system, including cellulose system, xanthan gum system, sclerotin system, high-content hyaluronic acid system, emulsion system, etc.
- Appropriately increasing the amount of polyols (butanediol or propylene glycol, etc.) (5%-8%) can assist in preservation.
- It is recommended to add a little chelating agent such as EDTA-2Na to the system to prevent discoloration caused by unknown ions in the system.
Uses & Applications
Personal care and cosmetic
Applicable in high-end facial creams, facial masks, skin creams, gel products (hair sprays, gel water, gels) Products) and so on.
Content of CHA
Download Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet –EBTcare PHL
Material Safety Data Sheet– EBTcare PHL
EBTcare BDP is a mild preservative compounded by organic acids and phenoxyethanol.
It is food grade formula with blend of Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate and Aqua.
Caprylhydroxamic acid, an ideal organic acid, has excellent anti-bacterial activity.