- INCI Name: Dichloroxylenol
- Chemical Name: 2,4-Dichloro-3,5-Xylenol
- CAS No: 133-53-9
Dichloroxylenol (DCMX) is a broad-spectrum antimicrobial chemical compound. It is an antiseptic and disinfectant that is used to control bacteria, algae, fungi, and viruses.
Dichloroxylenol (DCMX) can be widely used as an antifungal and antibacterial agent in disinfection or personal care products, such as anti-dandruff Antibacterial detergents such as shampoos, hand sanitizers, soaps and other hygiene products.
Dichloroxylenol (DCMX) can also be used as a preservative and antifungal agent in glue, paint, paint, textile, leather, paper and other industrial fields.
Uses & Applications of DCMX
Personal care and household care
- Bactericides and insecticides for skin wounds (liquids, creams and lotions);
- Common disinfectants and detergents;
- Antiseptic soaps and hand sanitizers for personal hygiene;
- Shampoos (especially products with anti-dandruff properties).
- Skin disinfection of patients before surgery;
- Sterilization of medical equipment;
- Daily cleaning of equipment and hard surfaces to avoid cross-infection;
- DCMX can be used to produce medical antibacterial soap, Hong Kong foot fungicide and general first aid supplies .
- It can be formulated into liquid, water-free hand sanitizer, powder, cream and lotion;
- DCMX can also be used as a preservative in other medicines.
- Coated surfaces: added to paint as a fungicide, suitable for wet environments; glues and adhesives: prevent microbial decomposition, avoid odors, clog filters and corrode metals, prevent product failure;
- Leather treatment: prevent mold growth , against bacterial and fungal attack (especially salted fur, vegetable leather and salted or dried raw hides).
- Textile finishing and finishing: pre-impregnation of fibers
Product Details of DCMX
Yellowish to grey flakes or powder, slight compact
Residue on ignition
Clarity of solution
Clear solution free of particles
Download Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet –Chloroxylenol (DCMX)
Material Safety Data Sheet– Chloroxylenol (DCMX)
Chloroxylenol (PCMX) is a secure, high-efficient, broad spectrum, low-toxic antibacteria.
Cetylpyridinium Chloride (CPC)
Cetylpyridinium Chloride (CPC) is a very important surface active and bactericide in life.
Triclosan is world widely praised as a broad spectrum, efficient, security and non-toxicity antibacterial.