- INCI Name: Bronopol
- Chemical Name: 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-diol
- CAS No: 52-51-7
Bronopol is a broad spectrum bactericidal agent, widely used in industrial and agricultural fungicides, and household and personal care chemical industry, such as cosmetic preservatives. It has high bactericidal activity, low concentration and wide PH range.
Broopol is white to pale yellow, yellow -brown crystalline powder at room temperature, odorless, easy to dissolve in water, ethanol, propylene glycol, and difficulty in chlorine, acetone, benzene, etc. It will be slowly decomposed in an alkaline aquatic solution, which has corrosion effects on certain metals, such as aluminum. The main purpose is preservatives and bacteria of cosmetics, which can effectively prevent and treat bacteria of various plant pathogens.
Uses & Applications of Bronopol
- Bronopol inhibits the growth of gram positive and gram negative bacteria. When the control of yeasts and molds is required, it can be combined with other antimicrobials that provide additional anti-fungicidal activity.
- It can be used in lotion shampoo, baby bath liquid, liquid soap, baby shampoo, foam bath liquid, lotion, skin care paste, protein bath, lotion, conditioner, hair dye, hair dye Dose, milk and bath gels, etc.
- Its recommended concentration in cosmetics is 200 ppm.
- Toilet air removal agent, bronopol can kill microorganisms at a very low concentration, and can also effectively remove ammonia, hydrogen sulfide and sulfolol in the toilet air and water;
- Deflectives, bronopol can be used for public places such as trains, buss, airplanes and ships, and can also be used for garbage treatment.
- Bronopol can mix with with isothiazolinone, quaternaryammonium salt , poly quaternary ammonium salt , and ethylene monomeryl ether to have combined biocide effect, which is widely used in the fields of cooling water, pulp and air conditioning circulating water.
Product Details of Bronopol
White or almost white crystalline powder
Content of active matter (%)
Melting range ℃
Water content %
PH value (origin liquid)
Trishydroxymethyl Nitromethane %<
2-methyl-2-nitropropane-1,3-diof e% <
Sodium bromide % <
Sulfated ash %
10 mesh pass
Download Data Sheet of PCMX
Technical Data Sheet –Bronopol
Material Safety Data Sheet– Bronopol
Dichloroxylenol (DCMX) is a broad-spectrum antimicrobial chemical compound.
Cetylpyridinium Chloride (CPC)
Cetylpyridinium Chloride (CPC) is a very important surface active and bactericide in life.
Triclosan is world widely praised as a broad spectrum, efficient, security and non-toxicity antibacterial.