- INCI Name: Benzoic Acid
- Chemical Name: Benzoate Aicd
- CAS No: 65-85-0
Benzoic Acid is scaly or needle-like crystal, with odor of benzene or formaldehyde, it is efficient for the preservation of products with good activity against yeast and mold.
It is more widely known as the food preservatives, while with the increasing demand for paraben-free cosmetic products among health-conscious consumers, benzoic acid has become a very popular preserving ingredient. It is recommended to combine with other antimicrobial substances for broadband protection.
Slightly soluble in water, soluble in ethanol, diethyl ether, chloroform, benzene, carbon disulfide, carbon tetrachloride，it is widely used in cosmetic, food and pharmaceutical products.
Uses & Applications
Personal care and cosmetic
- Acts as a preservative in various cosmetics and personal care formulations including toothpaste, baby products, bath products, soaps and detergents, eye makeup, blushers, cleansing products, make up products, as well as hair, nail and skin care products.
- This grade is natural compliant.
- Preservatives for soy sauce, kimchi, cider, fruit juice, and feed.
- Fixative for fruit juice drinks.
- Edible flavors in chocolate, lemon, orange, subberry, nut, and candied fruit.
- Pharmaceutical intermediate for the manufacture of various drugs
- Preservative for all kinds of formulation
- Active ingredient for treating adult dermatophytes, superficial fungal infection
Product Details of Benzoic Acid
White with silky scales or needlelike crystal or crystalline powder
Readily oxidizable substance
Readily carbonizable substance
No darker than Y5 (Yellow)
Loss on drying
Download Data Sheet of Benzoic Acid
Technical Data Sheet –Benzoic Acid
Material Safety Data Sheet– Benzoic Acid
Dichloroxylenol (DCMX) is a broad-spectrum antimicrobial chemical compound.
Cetylpyridinium Chloride (CPC)
Cetylpyridinium Chloride (CPC) is a very important surface active and bactericide in life.
Triclosan is world widely praised as a broad spectrum, efficient, security and non-toxicity antibacterial.