- INCI Name: Benzisothiazolinone
- Chemical Name: 1,2-benzisothiazolin 3-one
- CAS No: 2634-33-5
Benzisothiazolinone (BIT-10) is 10% active glycol based solution of 1,2-benzisothiazolinone; It is a low toxicity biocide developed for the complete in-can protection of water-based products.
BIT-10 is effective against a wide range of microorganisms including gam positive and gram negative bacteria, yeast and fungi and compatible with most raw materials used in the manufacture of industrial products.
BIT-10 is effective against a wide range of spoilage organisms and effective over a wide PH and temperature range. BIT-10 should be the biocide of choice for products with PH>8 and production temperatures of >40C.
Uses & Applications
- Synthetic polymerization emulsion
- Latex paint
- Water based adhesive
- Household products (clothing detergents, fabric softeners, dishwashing detergents, floor and wall cleaners, surface cleaners, window cleaning, floor polishing and waxing, shoe polish, etc.)
- Tape cross-linking compound
- Paper coating composition
- Metal cutting fluid
- Agricultural pesticide products
- Waterborne ore and pigment paste
- Leather treatment solution (protected during the treatment of fresh bare leather that is kept for short periods of time.)
Product Details of Benzisothiazolinone (BIT-10)
Yellow or light brown solution
Boiling without flashing
Stored in normal temperature, prevent frost
Download Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet –Benzisothiazolinone (BIT-10)
Material Safety Data Sheet– Benzisothiazolinone (BIT-10)
Dichloroxylenol (DCMX) is a broad-spectrum antimicrobial chemical compound.
Cetylpyridinium Chloride (CPC)
Cetylpyridinium Chloride (CPC) is a very important surface active and bactericide in life.
Triclosan is world widely praised as a broad spectrum, efficient, security and non-toxicity antibacterial.