- INCI Name: 1,2-Hexanediol
- Chemical Name: Hexane-1,2-diol
- CAS No: 6920-22-5
1,2-Hexanediol is one of the most multi-functional ingredients in the cosmetic industry. It is a great emollient, humectant, as well as preservatives. 1,2-Hexanediol has antibacterial activity, high formulation flexibility, and is not affected by hydrolysis, temperature and pH value, is widely used in leave-on and rinse-off products.
- Acts as a preservative. It can be used alone or compounded with other alternative new preservatives, which can play an obvious synergistic effect. Glycols have been discovered and widely used as mild, non-irritating bacteriostatic agents or antiseptic synergists. These glycols are not listed as preservatives to limit, making it possible to add cosmetics without preservatives.
- Used as an emollient and humectant. It has emollient and moisturizing effects while preserving antiseptic, improves the skin feel of products, and is mild and non-irritating.
Uses & Applications
- Skin care products such as moisturizers, cleansers, and toners ,etc.
- Color cosmetics such as lipsticks, eyeliners, and mascaras, etc.
- Hair care products
- Oral care products
Clear Liquid with no suspended matter
Color (Pt-Co) Hazen
Download Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet — 1,2-Hexanediol
Material Safety Data Sheet– 1,2-Hexanediol
CAS No: 70445-33-9
Ethylhexylglycerin is a multifunctional moisturizer and can play a bacteriostatic effect in the formulation.
The active ingredients are phenoxyethanol and ethylhexylglycerin, can be used in various fields of cosmetics and children’s daily products.
CAS No: 1117-86-8
Caprylyl glycol is not only a good moisturizer but also has antiseptic function, widely used in personal care products.