1,2-Benzisothiazolin-3-one / BIT-85
- INCI Name: Benzisothiazolinone
- Chemical Name: 1,2-benzisothiazolin 3-one
- CAS No: 2634-33-5
1,2-Benzisothiazolin-3-one (BIT-85) is an organic compound with the formula C6H4SN(H)CO, it is widely used as a preservative and antimicrobial.
1,2-Benzisothiazolin-3-one (BIT-85) is used as one of formula materials, can be made into BIT products with different degrees of concentration. It is the main industrial sterilization, antiseptic, and anti-enzyme agent.
It has a prominent inhibitory effect on the growth of molds, algae and other microorganisms in organic media, and can solve the mold, fermentation, deterioration, demulsification, odor, etc. of organic products caused by the growth of microorganisms. A series of problems are widely used in sterilization, marine antifouling and other fields.
Uses & Applications
- Synthetic polymerization emulsion
- Latex paint
- Water based adhesive
- Household products (clothing detergents, fabric softeners, dishwashing detergents, floor and wall cleaners, surface cleaners, window cleaning, floor polishing and waxing, shoe polish, etc.)
- Tape cross-linking compound
- Paper coating composition
- Metal cutting fluid
- Agricultural pesticide products
- Waterborne ore and pigment paste
- Leather treatment solution (protected during the treatment of fresh bare leather that is kept for short periods of time.)
Product Details of 1,2-Benzisothiazolin-3-one (BIT-85)
Yellow white or grayish white powder
Content of active matter (%)
Water content (%)
Download Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet –1,2-Benzisothiazolin-3-one (BIT-85)
Material Safety Data Sheet– 1,2-Benzisothiazolin-3-one (BIT-85)
Dichloroxylenol (DCMX) is a broad-spectrum antimicrobial chemical compound.
Cetylpyridinium Chloride (CPC)
Cetylpyridinium Chloride (CPC) is a very important surface active and bactericide in life.
Triclosan is world widely praised as a broad spectrum, efficient, security and non-toxicity antibacterial.